By Elsa Kok Colopy
The ninety nine how you can cope and upward thrust above fear and rigidity are grouped into different types that come with “Guard Your Rest”, “Dream a Little”, “Pursue fit Diversions”, and “Dive Into Truth”.
Elsa Kok Colopy is the affiliate editor for Focus at the Family journal. She’s authored 4 books and leads women’s retreats during the usa. for additional info, stopover at www.elsakokcolopy.com.
From the exchange Paperback edition.
Read or Download 99 Ways to Fight Worry and Stress PDF
Similar christian living books
"The probabilities of Prayer" by way of EM Bounds specializes in directions for constructing and protecting an important prayer existence. certainly, Bounds does a masterful activity and a few of his issues are as follows:
1. we haven't simply because we ask now not. God's offers are established and conditioned upon prayer.
2. God's can provide are particular and private and directed in the direction of members. The solutions to His can provide are the results of earnest prayer.
3. not anything is simply too tough for God! God can withhold not anything from religion and prayer.
4. Undue fear and nervousness approximately earthly issues may be eradicated by way of prayer. God is worried concerning the smallest issues in our lives.
5. nice religion allows Christ to do nice things.
6. Ours is an apprehensive international. Prayer can quiet each distraction, hush each nervousness, and raise each care from care-enslaved lives.
7. The Lord's presence and gear may be so much felt within the prayer closet.
8. solutions to our prayers consequence from our abiding in Christ.
9. Christ calls for particular praying and responds to express prayers with particular answers.
10. Prayer is just asking God to do for us what He has promised us he'll do if we ask Him.
A lot of energy is packed into this nearly one hundred twenty web page. learn, get pleasure from, and be challenged and encouraged.
Tips on how to stay as Jesus LivedDallas Willard, considered one of modern-day so much fabulous Christian thinkers and writer of The Divine Conspiracy (Christianity trendy 1999 booklet of the Year), provides a fashion of residing that permits usual women and men to benefit from the fruit of the Christian existence. He finds how the most important to self-transformation is living within the perform of the non secular disciplines, and the way their perform affirms human lifestyles to the fullest.
Functional Steps to a Deeper FaithSometimes religion calls for motion. This useful booklet provides Christians rules for a way to regulate their hearts to catch up with to God. every one bankruptcy features a distinctive problem and a short rationalization that places the problem in context. workouts contain acts of provider to others, prolonged prayer, Scripture reminiscence, fasting, an afternoon of gratitude, media fasting (no television or Internet), evangelism, and lots more and plenty extra.
- The loneliness of the dying
- God’s Pursuit of Man: Tozer’s Profound Prequel to The Pursuit of God
- Men of the Bible
- Christ Our Advocate
- Waldo, Tell Me About Dying by Hans Wilhelm
- Hands Free Life: Nine Habits for Overcoming Distraction, Living Better, and Loving More
Additional info for 99 Ways to Fight Worry and Stress
It will strengthen you for the days ahead. Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge. —PSALM 62:8 I love the written word, and I seem to have a special knack for pouring out the stuff of life. I’m not talking about wise words or godly reflection; I’m talking about writing out hurt or fear in less-than-eloquent words. I once wrote in a hidden online journal that was so hidden, I have no idea where it is anymore. You can create an online blog and use maximum security settings so that it remains personal and private Writing can be therapeutic.
Hamburgers, applesauce, and potato chips. There is no better taste in all the world. When I was a child, we would go camping or out for picnics, and it seemed like a lunch of hamburgers, applesauce, and potato chips was always the menu. I loved playing all morning and then gathering together to eat our lunch. I’d balance the paper plate (which was getting soggier by the minute) on my lap, munch on chips that had fallen into the applesauce, and grin a toothless smile at my brothers. It was a simple pleasure that still brings me joy What sweet childhood memory sits in your mind?
I asked. “On the quiet,” he replied. Hmm. He later explained that it helped him to process his day if he could sit still and try not to think for ten minutes. “It seemed like the longest ten minutes in the world the first time I did it,” he said. But the more he practiced, the more he was able to stop thinking about work, money, or the next big project and simply take a few minutes to rest his brain. Afterward, he felt like he could fully engage with us as his family. It could be that for you, like my dad, it may be a helpful tool to not think—for ten minutes.