By Jerry MacGregor
Functional Steps to a Deeper Faith
Sometimes religion calls for motion. This sensible e-book supplies Christians principles for a way to regulate their hearts to catch up with to God.
Each bankruptcy features a specific problem and a short clarification that places the problem in context. workouts contain acts of carrier to others, prolonged prayer, Scripture reminiscence, fasting, an afternoon of gratitude, media fasting (no television or Internet), evangelism, and masses extra. The demanding situations are vast in scope, permitting individuals with various character varieties and studying types to profit from them.
Read or Download 40 Ways to Get Closer to God PDF
Similar christian living books
"The probabilities of Prayer" by means of EM Bounds makes a speciality of instructions for developing and protecting a necessary prayer lifestyles. certainly, Bounds does a masterful task and a few of his issues are as follows:
1. we've not simply because we ask no longer. God's gives you are established and conditioned upon prayer.
2. God's supplies are particular and private and directed in the direction of members. The solutions to His grants are the results of earnest prayer.
3. not anything is just too tough for God! God can withhold not anything from religion and prayer.
4. Undue fear and anxiousness approximately earthly issues should be eradicated by way of prayer. God is anxious in regards to the smallest issues in our lives.
5. nice religion allows Christ to do nice things.
6. Ours is an apprehensive international. Prayer can quiet each distraction, hush each nervousness, and raise each care from care-enslaved lives.
7. The Lord's presence and gear should be so much felt within the prayer closet.
8. solutions to our prayers consequence from our abiding in Christ.
9. Christ calls for particular praying and responds to precise prayers with particular answers.
10. Prayer is just asking God to do for us what He has promised us he'll do if we ask Him.
A lot of strength is packed into this nearly a hundred and twenty web page. learn, get pleasure from, and be challenged and encouraged.
Tips to dwell as Jesus LivedDallas Willard, one in every of modern day such a lot significant Christian thinkers and writer of The Divine Conspiracy (Christianity modern 1999 e-book of the Year), offers a manner of dwelling that allows traditional women and men to benefit from the fruit of the Christian existence. He unearths how the major to self-transformation is living within the perform of the non secular disciplines, and the way their perform affirms human existence to the fullest.
Useful Steps to a Deeper FaithSometimes religion calls for motion. This useful booklet supplies Christians rules for a way to regulate their hearts to catch up with to God. every one bankruptcy features a distinct problem and a short clarification that places the problem in context. routines comprise acts of carrier to others, prolonged prayer, Scripture reminiscence, fasting, an afternoon of gratitude, media fasting (no television or Internet), evangelism, and masses extra.
- Dancing for the Devil: One Woman's Dramatic and Divine Rescue from the Sex Industry
- The Day of the Saints: Equipping Believers for Their Revolutionary Role in Ministry
- Seeding Your Soul: Six Considerations for Spiritual Growth
Extra resources for 40 Ways to Get Closer to God
But Kaye is one of the most positive people I know. When you ask her why, she replies that it’s because of God. You get the idea that Kaye has an intimacy with God few people experience. Often when people face chronic illness, they spend a lot of time asking why, raging at God. But Kaye’s struggles have pushed her straight into God’s arms. It’s not that she hasn’t questioned him, but rather that she has somehow heard a reply that has given her peace. She’s chosen to deal with her problems by turning to Scripture.
And those we serve get a tangible experience of his love through us. Who wouldn’t find that exhilarating? I believe most of us know that, deep down. But it’s still difficult to embrace the spiritual practice of service—to actually get out and do something. Sure, we think it would be nice to be a do-gooder. We think volunteerism is noble. But again, we’re busy, or we don’t know what to do, or maybe we don’t feel like serving anyone. It’s inconvenient to do so. It takes time we think we don’t have.
He writes: By daring to be honest with us, friends offer us invaluable opportunities for growth. They can help us penetrate our self-deceptions and cherished illusions. Just as the retina of the human eye contains a blind spot, so too, the human soul contains a blind spot. .  Some of us read words like that and are filled with a longing—we want friendships like that but perhaps have not experienced them. We feel uncertain about how to build such relationships. Maybe we have moved more than the average person and never had a chance to practice building long-term relationships.