By Joyce Meyer
In today's global, peace is tough to return via. whilst own wishes are undefined, serenity is forfeited. through filing one's existence to God, a peace-filled lifestyles is ensured. protecting peace is a call, says Joyce Meyer, as she discusses the best way to be at peace with your self, the significance of getting peace with God, and the paradox
that peace equals energy. Joyce says peace is likely one of the maximum presents God has given us, and is the one approach to actual happiness. Readers will locate 21 how you can discovering PEACE & HAPPINESS to be a guidebook for fulfillment on their trip.
Read or Download 21 Ways to Finding Peace and Happiness: Overcoming Anxiety, Fear, and Discontentment Every Day PDF
Best christian living books
"The probabilities of Prayer" via EM Bounds specializes in instructions for setting up and holding an essential prayer lifestyles. certainly, Bounds does a masterful task and a few of his issues are as follows:
1. we've not simply because we ask no longer. God's supplies are established and conditioned upon prayer.
2. God's grants are particular and private and directed in the direction of contributors. The solutions to His provides are the results of earnest prayer.
3. not anything is simply too demanding for God! God can withhold not anything from religion and prayer.
4. Undue fear and anxiousness approximately earthly matters might be eradicated by way of prayer. God is worried concerning the smallest issues in our lives.
5. nice religion allows Christ to do nice things.
6. Ours is an fearful international. Prayer can quiet each distraction, hush each anxiousness, and raise each care from care-enslaved lives.
7. The Lord's presence and tool may be so much felt within the prayer closet.
8. solutions to our prayers outcome from our abiding in Christ.
9. Christ calls for particular praying and responds to precise prayers with particular answers.
10. Prayer is just asking God to do for us what He has promised us he'll do if we ask Him.
A lot of energy is packed into this nearly one hundred twenty web page. learn, get pleasure from, and be challenged and encouraged.
How you can dwell as Jesus LivedDallas Willard, considered one of modern such a lot superb Christian thinkers and writer of The Divine Conspiracy (Christianity trendy 1999 e-book of the Year), offers a fashion of residing that allows traditional women and men to benefit from the fruit of the Christian existence. He finds how the foremost to self-transformation is living within the perform of the non secular disciplines, and the way their perform affirms human lifestyles to the fullest.
Functional Steps to a Deeper FaithSometimes religion calls for motion. This sensible e-book offers Christians principles for the way to regulate their hearts to catch up with to God. each one bankruptcy includes a exact problem and a quick clarification that places the problem in context. routines contain acts of provider to others, prolonged prayer, Scripture reminiscence, fasting, an afternoon of gratitude, media fasting (no television or Internet), evangelism, and masses extra.
- The life and work of Dwight Lyman Moody
- Spiritual Slavery to Spiritual Sonship
- World Religions and Norms of War
- Jesus Swagger: Break Free from Poser Christianity
Additional info for 21 Ways to Finding Peace and Happiness: Overcoming Anxiety, Fear, and Discontentment Every Day
They're not shoes of doubt. They're not shoes of worry or dread or frustration or anger. They're not shoes of failure. They're gospel shoes. They have a new spirit. They have a fresh word. " Friend, there is no way Moses could have dealt with Pharaoh face-to-face had he been wearing his old shoes—his old attitude, his old way of thinking. He had to have a new spirit, a new attitude, a new way of walking, and a new way of talking. He had to have a new pair of shoes. And oh, those gospel slippers!
And I believe He leaned over and slipped a brand-new pair of gospel shoes onto Peter's feet! About fifty days later, Peter preached that soul-stirring, three-minute sermon on the Day of Pentecost, and three thousand people were saved! ) Why, that's one thousand souls per minute! What a tremendous harvest! Peter had stepped into God's burning, fiery presence! Later, the Bible says that people laid their sick in the streets so that at least Peter's shadow might pass over them, and they were all healed!
When Moses took off his shoes before the Lord, he was shedding his old nature, his past mistakes and failures, and he was being transformed into a new man, a man with a new nature, a godly nature. He was putting off the old man and putting on the new man, as the apostle Paul teaches us to do in Colossians 3:9,10! In order to put on new spiritual shoes, you're going to have to make a fresh commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ. There are people today who once knew the fire of God's Spirit. But something happened to them along the road of life, and now they're walking on an endless track, going around and around in circles but getting nowhere.